ProTech Systems Group, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer for a 6-month Contract for a Fortune 500 company in Memphis, TN.
· The Software Engineers work on a product and understand all layers of the software stack
· Engineers are responsible for documentation, automated tests and of course writing the code itself.
· Write documentation for the code to be written
· Write automated tests for code to be written
· Implement functionality such that automated tests successfully pass and according to coding standards
· Work with product managers and UX designers to deliver most optimal and customer-friendly implementation.
· Be on-call on a rotating basis for the services owned by the team
· Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans
· Optimize performance of existing implementations
· Own the product or component entirely
· Bring forward ideas to experiment and work in teams to transform ideas to reality
· Prioritize tasks with the scrum master that leads the team to be successful
· BS in Computer Science
· At least 5 years in product development experience
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures (trees, graphs, hash tables)
· Deep understanding of functioning and implementation of basic algorithms such as sorts, searching and the capability to explain performance characteristics and complexity using Big-O notations
· Capability to independently debug problems and analyze logs in production systems
· Capability to read existing code
· Strong understanding of various data storage options such as relational, no-SQL, etc.
· Fluency in SQL/SQL-like query
· Strong scripting skill in Shell, Python or Ruby
· Strong language skills in languages such as C, C++, Java, Golang, .net Core
Preferred Qualifications :
· Master's in computer science or Applied Mathematics
· Strong leadership skills with capability to lead a team of 3 to 4 engineers technically
· Track record of developing products in an Agile development environment
· Experience working in a CI/CD environment
· Understanding of Git and development activities such as merge, conflict resolution of code
· Deep understanding and experience in Docker, Kubernetes and AWS cloud services
Qualified candidates should submit resume in MS Word format via email to email@example.com.