ProTech is seeking a POS / IT Support Technician for a six month contract to hire position in Memphis, TN.
Job Summary for POS / IT Support Technician:
- Takes in-house help desk calls supporting Brink POS systems within the stores.
- Installs and configures computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person.
- Implement OLO (online ordering app) and Punchh (loyalty program app).
- Takes part of the weekend on-call rotation to provide coverage to the in-house help desk calls.
Daily Activities for POS / IT Support Technician:
- Delivers service and supports to end-users using automated call distribution phone system and remote access to POS computers within the organization
- Interacts with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about IT related problems and services
- Gathers customer's information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms
- Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues involving the POS system, LAN network connectivity, internet connectivity, extranet system, and other organizational hardware and software system
- Onsite installation of POS equipment and network installation as needed or assist hired technicians via phone
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Replaces parts as required under warranty replacement program or chargeable parts from the IT inventory system
- Researches required information using available resources
- Follows standard processes and procedures
- Identifies and escalates priority issues within the IT department and other departments within the organization
- Redirects problems to appropriate resource
- Accurately processes and records call transactions in the designated tracking software