ProTech is seeking a Data Warehouse Developer/Sr. Azure Data Engineer with extensive hands on data warehousing, ETL and data modeling experience for a direct hire in Memphis, TN. We are looking for someone with experience building cloud-based services and solutions utilizing Azure Big Data and Data Warehouse products.
Qualifications for Data Warehouse Developer/Sr. Azure Data Engineer:
· Minimum of five (5) years of database development experience with at least two (2) years with Azure Data Solutions.
· Ability to create complex ETL/SQL scripts to load data from on-premise and cloud data sources into Azure SQL DW.
· Hands on experience with Azure SQL DW, Blob Storage, CI/CD pipeline, Data Factory v1 and v2, Data Lake.
· In depth understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, dimensional data models and experience in creating data warehouse schemas.
· Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and version/source control disciplines.
· Extensive data pipeline development experience using standard data integration tools.
· Understanding in working in an agile project development environment.
· Must be able to perform impact data analysis and data profiling on source data systems and determine best way to model data.
· Ability to perform peer code reviews, write test scripts for data quality assurance.
· Experience troubleshooting and solving problems independently and collaboratively.
· Understand complex logic and solve data issues by coming up with sound technical solutions.
· Knowledge with SQL Server on premise and on Azure.
· Skills with Azure Data Explorer and C# skills desired.
· Ability to work in an Agile project management process.
· Knowledge with TFS or similar code control repositories.
Soft skills required for Data Warehouse Developer/Sr. Azure Data Engineer:
· Must have solid written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Collaborative, team-first mentality with the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical users, and team members.
· The ability to work effectively within a team environment.
· Ability to work with business users to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
· Must be able to produce thorough technical design documents, test plans and documented results.
Education for Data Warehouse Developer/Sr. Azure Data Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Analytics or related technical degree desired.
- SQL related certifications preferred
Experience for Data Warehouse Developer/Sr. Azure Data Engineer:
- Data Modeling: 2 years (Preferred)
- ETL: 5 years (Preferred)
- Azure SQL DW: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 5 years (Preferred)
- Azure Data Factory: 2 years (Preferred)
Qualified Candidates please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org