Why do I need a router?
In today’s business environment, you need a network that supports all forms of media, wired and wireless. That means you need an intelligent network that can integrate advanced applications and create an adaptable, pervasive, and collaborative system.
- Enhanced productivity
- Integrated security your network becomes the point of control for preventing and responding to security threats
- Accelerated decision-making with a mobile workforce that collaborates in real time
Improved processes through a systems approach
A systems approach combines packaging with intelligent applications, weaving voice, security, routing, and application services together to create more automated and intelligent processes.
So, what does that mean for you?
- Pervasive security in your network and applications
- Higher quality of service for data, voice, and video traffic
- Increased time to productivity
Better use of network resources
This approach begins with a single, resilient platform created by routers. They give organizations of all sizes fast, secure access to today's mission-critical applications, as well as a foundation for growth. Routers can give you:
- An integrated systems approach to embedded services, which means speedy application deployment and reduced costs and complexity
- Embedded security and voice services in a single routing system
- The industry's first portfolio engineered for secure, wire-speed delivery of concurrent data, voice, and video services
- Unparalleled performance and investment protection
Gain a foundation for an intelligent network
In addition to providing a platform that helps optimize the delivery of applications and communications, routers also:
- Deliver the lowest total cost of ownership and the highest return on investment. The Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) reduces operational costs by 50 to 75 percent per year
- Provide a framework for wireless LAN solutions to use the tools, knowledge, and resources of the wired infrastructure
- Support multiservice solutions at branches, to deliver performance, scalability, availability, and reliability
- Feature industry-leading services densities, bandwidth, availability, and performance options for configuration flexibility